Without the help of volunteers we would not be able to operate such a busy museum and archives. Last year, volunteers contributed more than 4,000 hours at the Museum, Archives and Society.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to give back to your community, learn new skills, meet new people, gain career-related experience, and just have fun! Volunteers, like our members, receive 10% off in the Museum Gift Shop, receive invitations to openings and are celebrated once a year at our annual Volunteer Appreciation Tea.
Areas of volunteering that may be of interest to you:
- Front Desk: Museum Gift Shop and Reception
- School Programming (including leaders to deliver the programs, Grades 3 and 4)
- Public programs ~ for seniors, helping at special events in the Museum
- Collections care (inventory, cataloguing, data entry, conservation, and research of artifacts in our collections)
- Publicity, such as putting up posters
- Outreach ~ staffing our booths at events outside of the Museum, such as the Cowichan Exhibition
Thanks again for your interest. Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss volunteer opportunities at the Cowichan Valley Museum & Archives and the Cowichan Historical Society.
A Volunteer Application is available here (PDF, printable document)